Laetitia and the Bona's Visit and a 30th Birthday Celebration in Asia
It's been busy couple of weeks. We're getting down to the wire with the Grand Opening about 20 days away.
We’ve had nothing but rain… rain… and more rain here for the last week. This weekend we had amber rain watches… mudslide watches… and monsoon rain watches.
My ray of sunshine this month was the long awaited arrival of my wife and my in-laws. Laetitia, PB and JJ arrived on August 4th just in time to celebrate Laetitia's August 5th birthday at my favorite Russian Restaurant in Lan Kwai Fong-Balalaika. We celebrated her birthday for 4 days in Hong Kong --- showing them the sights like a local before they headed to Beijing, China.
I met up with them in Beijing a few days later. Beijing was interesting... lots of history --- we managed to squeeze in time for the Great Wall, Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Beijeal Gardens, Ming Tombs, Imperial Gardens, The Jade Market and Silk Market-- but take away the history and Beijing is nothing more than, pollution, smog, not so great food, nasty toilets, traffic, bicycles, spitting, and pushy vendors. It's hard to believe the city will be hosting the Olympics in 3 years. Glad I experienced it... will I be back? Probably NOT! After our weekend in Beijing I headed back to Hong Kong to finalize our plans for the our first rehearsal day media event, while Laetitia and her parents headed to Shanghai for a few days.
About 30 Hong Kong media outlets were invited to cover the first guests entering our first rehearsal day. It was a rainy start to the day and after a few adjustments and a navy seal rescue of Mickey and Minnie, by Arnaud and I, we got the media in and out just as planned… and they got what they needed.
By midweek, Laetitia and her parents finished their tour of Mainland China and were happy to be back to civilization here in Hong Kong. After two great nights at the Peninsula -- and some of the best food I've had here so far -- It was time to say our goodbye to Laetitia --- although her visit was short – it was great to see her and get to show her around – she arrived a year younger and left with a sense of what life has been like here over the last couple of months. She met some of my new friends, saw where I lived, and encountered some of the great people who make Hong Kong special.
After my sad goodbye it was time to focus on work… so much to do… so little time to get it all done – the stress and tension continue to build – and the finish line is just around the corner.





































































We’ve had nothing but rain… rain… and more rain here for the last week. This weekend we had amber rain watches… mudslide watches… and monsoon rain watches.
My ray of sunshine this month was the long awaited arrival of my wife and my in-laws. Laetitia, PB and JJ arrived on August 4th just in time to celebrate Laetitia's August 5th birthday at my favorite Russian Restaurant in Lan Kwai Fong-Balalaika. We celebrated her birthday for 4 days in Hong Kong --- showing them the sights like a local before they headed to Beijing, China.
I met up with them in Beijing a few days later. Beijing was interesting... lots of history --- we managed to squeeze in time for the Great Wall, Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Beijeal Gardens, Ming Tombs, Imperial Gardens, The Jade Market and Silk Market-- but take away the history and Beijing is nothing more than, pollution, smog, not so great food, nasty toilets, traffic, bicycles, spitting, and pushy vendors. It's hard to believe the city will be hosting the Olympics in 3 years. Glad I experienced it... will I be back? Probably NOT! After our weekend in Beijing I headed back to Hong Kong to finalize our plans for the our first rehearsal day media event, while Laetitia and her parents headed to Shanghai for a few days.
About 30 Hong Kong media outlets were invited to cover the first guests entering our first rehearsal day. It was a rainy start to the day and after a few adjustments and a navy seal rescue of Mickey and Minnie, by Arnaud and I, we got the media in and out just as planned… and they got what they needed.
By midweek, Laetitia and her parents finished their tour of Mainland China and were happy to be back to civilization here in Hong Kong. After two great nights at the Peninsula -- and some of the best food I've had here so far -- It was time to say our goodbye to Laetitia --- although her visit was short – it was great to see her and get to show her around – she arrived a year younger and left with a sense of what life has been like here over the last couple of months. She met some of my new friends, saw where I lived, and encountered some of the great people who make Hong Kong special.
After my sad goodbye it was time to focus on work… so much to do… so little time to get it all done – the stress and tension continue to build – and the finish line is just around the corner.














































0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home